For about 25 years, I have been working in various fields building solutions in cardiology, internal medicine, medical diagnostics and medical devices for educational institutions, health facilities and manufacturers. With my roots in clinical education, I believe the industry should give back to the medical and patient communities in responsible, ethical, and highly impactful ways.
Scientific Medical Director
Jun 2011 - present
BPLab is trademark which identifies automatic blood pressure monitors and means "Blood Pressure Lab". The combination of these wearable devices with pulse wave analysis technology Vasotens provides an additional assessment of cardiovascular risk and central hemodynamics. In many publications I represent the Hemodynamic Lab Ltd which should not be confused with a cath lab. There are also an official representative in Europe, BPLab GmbH (Hessen, Germany) and a number of distributors all around the world.
In my role as Scientific Medical Director, I am accountable for strategic planning and tactical implementation as it relates to the medical affairs, research and development areas. Developing and driving medical and scientific expertise relevant to BPLab and Vasotens products, I successed in multiple international collaborations with academic groups and industry partners. Attending scientific meetings and conferences allowed me to support development of summaries of key data, and participate in an organization of relevant presentations or "how-to" sessions. One of my responsibilities is also medical coaching for Sales & Marketing.
Thus, I foster and transmit the ideas of BPLab's innovations to healthcare providers, health system leaders, partners, patients and employees.
Check the Portfolio to find more about my achivements.
A couple of private clinics, Tomsk, Russia
Aug 2008 - Jun 2011
In this role, I was responsible for taking of the medical history, physical assessment of patients who were suspected to have cardiovascular ailments and examination using Holter or ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. I also participated in a number of different aspects of clinical trials and innovative projects.
Sep 1992 - Aug 2008
As Associate Professor, I lectured university modules that included electrocardiography, electrophysiology and hemodynamics at the Faculty of Advanced Physicians. I also practiced as a general cardiologist, caring for patients undergoing cardiac catheterization, revascularisation, electrophysiology procedures and artificial pacemaker implantation in the departments of emergency cardiology and surgical treatment of arrhythmias. I also got rich experience in nuclear medicine imaging.
I was a member of organizing committees of the annual medical conferences, and worked as an editor of the biomedical peer-reviewed journal for some time.
- ScD, Siberian State Medical University, Russia (2003 - 2006);
- PhD, Siberian State Medical University, Russia (1994 - 1997);
- MD, Siberian State Medical University, Russia (1984 - 1992).
- Marketing strategy
- Clinical affairs
- Analysis of current literature, opinion and recommendations
- Research design, clinical data management, statistics, statistical analysis
- Clinical research and GCP guidance
- Medical Devices
- Cardiology and cardiovascular physiology
Most Important Publications
- Posokhov IN. Pulse wave velocity 24-hour monitoring with one-site measurements by oscillometry. Med Devices (Auckl). 2013;6:11-5. PMID 23549868
- Omboni S, Posokhov IN, Parati G, Avolio A, Rogoza AN, Kotovskaya YV, Mulè G, Muiesan ML, Orlova IA, Grigoricheva EA, Cardona Muñoz E, Zelveian PH, Pereira T, Peixoto Maldonado JM. Vascular Health Assessment of The Hypertensive Patients (VASOTENS) Registry: Study Protocol of an International, Web-Based Telemonitoring Registry for Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Arterial Stiffness. JMIR Res Protoc. 2016 Jun 29;5(2):e137. PMID 27358088
- Omboni S, Posokhov IN, Rogoza AN. Relationships between 24-h blood pressure variability and 24-h central arterial pressure, pulse wave velocity and augmentation index in hypertensive patients. Hypertens Res. 2017 Apr;40(4):385-391. PMID 27881851
- Omboni S, Posokhov IN, Kotovskaya YV, Protogerou AD, Blacher J. Twenty-Four-Hour Ambulatory Pulse Wave Analysis in Hypertension Management: Current Evidence and Perspectives. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2016 Oct;18(10):72. Review. PMID 27659178
See also List of Publications
Hobbies and Interests
Outside of my professional experience, I am also a skilled graphic designer with deep proficiency in Adobe graphic design, video editing, web design and publishing software programs since 1995.